Jonathan Edwards, China Managing Director, Antal International,
is standing for the position of At-Large
I am a British citizen with 16 years of China working history in Beijing, Guangzhou, Shenzhen and Shanghai. Currently I am the China Managing Director of a Global Recruitment company (I am based in Shanghai) and have worked for Antal International for five years.
I believe I could bring a huge amount of energy and drive to the executive committee and could be of particular value in the following areas:
1. Fundraising. I have 100s of blue chip clients in China and would be happy to actively approach them with our charity initiatives.
2. Labour law and HR issues. I am highly knowledgeable in these areas having spent most of my career in these fields I believe I could offer our members clear guidance in this murky area.
3. British Start-ups. Would be very happy to offer advice to small/medium sized businesses entering China.
4. Mentoring for young professionals who wish to start their own business (for example through business plans).
5. Give talks to members on any areas of staffing, such as retention, onboarding, recruiting and interview technique.